At that moment, when two or more styles are combined in design, eclecticism begins. Such a mixture is used both in the interior of the house and in the apartment. No wonder the name of the style is translated from Greek as "choose." Thus, designers choose three similar directions and combine them with a single color range. Each of the styles is not fully recreated, but only some of its parts and decorative elements are used. Furniture can be of different styles, but be sure to be similar in shape, texture and color.
- Eclecticism can be recognized by rounded shapes and vertical lines. Usually there are no sharp corners, as well as sharp transitions. You can often find furniture with a decor of geometrically rounded elements.
- Silk wallpaper. On the windows often hang heavy spectacular curtains of thick fabric.
- On the floor in the interior of an apartment or house you can often see a carpet, on the sofa a bedspread and pillows in Indian or classical style.
- Gilding is another sign of eclecticism. It can be found on the window and picture, framed mirrors, on the closet. Cover wood and glass with gold. A bright sign of an eclectic chandelier is a gilded volumetric composition of wood, glass or crystal.
- Convenience and comfort with elements of history. In the eclecticism of an apartment or house, you can often notice an object from an ancient era, it could be a sofa or a painting, a sconce or a curb, statues or brushes on curtains. But with all this comfort and proportionality can be traced.
From the history
Potamon of Alexandria - the one who first introduced the term "eclecticism" before our era. The style began to actively manifest itself in the architecture of the 19th century, and then was used for interior design. By the 20th century, apartments and houses began to be performed in a mixed modern style. The direction was developed and divided into several stages. The popularity of the style was associated with the general fatigue of society from the norms and dogmas, especially from the rigid framework of classicism that prevailed before in architecture and design.
Each of the areas can be combined in one piece of furniture. Decorations in the room of an apartment or house are always frilly, curved, non-standard, and immediately catch the eye. The same applies to the backs of chairs and armchairs. Their form is always dynamic and spectacular. Unusual patterns, chiseled legs, curved backs and elegant curls are all eclectic details of the interior.
- Maximum three directions. In order to avoid overloading the premises.
- Focus on the details.
- Compatibility of items. The decor, texture, color and design of things, the coincidence of forms and lines will help in harmonious combination, in order to avoid disorder and scatter.
The main color problem of eclecticism is smooth transitions. Bright tones turn gradually into gentle, and vice versa. In the bedroom, it is recommended to avoid bright bright colors, in the living room, on the contrary - you can display all the riot of colors. The sofa of a neutral neutral color perfectly complements the bright multi-colored pillows. You can also hang bright curtains or a catchy picture against the background of a pastel color wall.
Eclectic in the interior of the kitchen
Eclectic cuisine often combines Provence, classics and elements of Scandinavian, Arabic and Spanish cultures. The kitchen can be old-fashioned classic furniture, antique buffet, and near bright transparent plastic chairs. The main thing in these experiments is not to bend the stick, not to pile up the room with similar contrasts.
Eclectic in the living room is always a challenge, an unusual design and spectacular presentation. Do not turn everything into chaos, collecting things from all styles. It is enough to arrange everything in one color scale. For the living room fit any bright colors of natural origin. And for the design of the walls, floor, furniture and decor, they can be different. To balance the composition will help the neutral color of one wall, the other wall can be the same color as the sofa - bright and saturated. But the colors in the whole living room should be no more than four.