Children's room is not just a kid's recreation area. This is his first personal space, the first field for creativity and implementation, the main playground and its own little world. At the age of 6-8 years, children make important discoveries - is it worth saying that the design of this room should be thought out in detail?
Regardless of the gender of the child, the basic rules should always apply to the layout and design of the nursery:
- the materials used at each stage, from painting the walls to placing decorative elements, must strictly comply with sanitary standards and be environmentally friendly;
- maximum comfort and minimal trauma in everything is a guarantee of countless happy hours spent by the child in the nursery;
- the more light there is in the room, the more positive and cheerful the child will be — this applies both to natural light and when planning the placement of sources of artificial light;
- The design of a room for a child of 6-8 years old implies the use of bright and saturated colors in the interior - this will have a beneficial effect on the development of imagination and creative abilities of the baby, provided that the colors used are not aggressive or corrosive.
The age of the first class visit, the first serious hobbies, the active development of reading and writing skills determines the layout itself - the rest area and the work / play area should be clearly demarcated and as functional as possible. Here are some practical tips:
- The working part of the nursery should be fully illuminated and take into account the individual characteristics of the baby: height (and therefore the height of the table and chair), working hand (right-handed or left-handed), etc.
- At the age of 6-8 years, a child is surrounded by a mass of his own subjects: textbooks and manuals, toys and materials for creativity, favorite books and the first collections. All this requires storage space. Instead of cluttering up the free space with shelves and cabinets, it is better to purchase a complex structure that includes the workplace, and space for creative activities, and ergonomic niches for storage.
- If the area of the nursery is very limited, then its design should be based on the desire to use every half meter of space: you can mount a locker in a niche under the window sill, in the gap between the cot and the dresser you can fit a bright box for storing toys, etc.
Pediatricians and child psychologists emphasize that the design of the space in which the baby grows directly affects the pace and quality of the development of his abilities, the formation of the psyche and emotional intelligence. Therefore, their recommendations should be taken into account in the repair and design of the nursery:
- For a boy of 6-8 years old, the purest natural colors of cold hues — the traditional blue and blue, variations of gray and white, green, purple and ultramarine — are the most organic. The harmonious combination of the use of these colors in the design of walls, windows and floors, as well as furniture selected in accordance with this, contribute to the favorable development of a small man.
- Girls aged 6-8 years old to warm shades (all gamut of pink yellow and beige) and unobtrusive prints (small flowers, floral motifs, traditional “girlish” images) - the room decorated according to these principles will become the basis for the full development of a little princess.
- Taking into account the interests, aptitudes and preferences of the child in the planning and design of the room is a literate way to foster a harmonious personality. Encouraging a child to embrace interesting activities will reveal the potential of the child, diversify his worldview, and maybe even decide on the cause of life! Therefore, in the children's girl who is fond of dancing, it is worthwhile to place a large mirror and a music center; an assiduous child who loves to spend his free time at mastering handicrafts should certainly equip a functional and ergonomic workplace for creativity; A know-it-all baby needs convenient ways to store his books and films — so that he can reach out to them and easily bring order to the collections.
If everything is in order with functionality and color solutions, then it’s time to move on to the most interesting stage of the design work in the nursery - decoration. Filling the baby’s room with well-chosen details will add completeness to the interior and create comfort.
- bright rugs - not only great accessories, but also a way to make the room softer in the direct and figurative sense;
- painting walls with safe acrylic paints is an opportunity to make a nursery emphasized individual, applying the desired motifs, patterns or inscriptions;
- hanging decorative elements (figures, stars, flowers, transport, etc.) strung on a fishing line and hanging from the ceiling make the room volumetric and “alive” - kids love these accessories!